Fall 2017 Classroom Grants Resources
The Fall 2017 Classroom Grant Application is now open. Applications are due Monday, August 14 at 8am. Below are resources to help you build a grant application. Please contact the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 334.289.2226 with any questions. We are here all summer!
2017 Spring "Big Give" Grants- $25,000
- $9,961 to Demopolis City School News: to support the vertical alignment of the broadcasting programs at USJ, DMS and DHS (Courtney Kerby, Meggin Mayben, and Amelia Mackey)
- $7,017 for Let's Go for LEGO!: to introduce and implement the Lego Education curriculum in Westside Elementary’ s second grade (Terri Speegle)
- $ 5,409.75 to Mission “Airborne”: to implement the next phase in the Coding and Robotics program at U.S. Jones Elementary (Amelia Mackey)
- $2,000 in partnership with the Two Rivers Arts Council and the Friends of the Library for Why the noise? What's the commotion? It's Learning through Motion: to incorporate the arts into all grades at Westside Elementary (Elizabeth Renner)
2016 Fall Classroom Grants - $35,000
Demopolis High School
- $622 to Connie Boutwell for a buzzer system to start a scholar bowl team.
- $2,000 to Cynthia Whitlock for the most current and/or most requested graphic novels, including both fiction and non-fiction, for the high school library.
- $2,007 to Courtney Kerby for a teleprompter and Adobe Premier Pro software to provide students with professional quality products to prepare them for careers in broadcasting.
- $2,020 to Brittany Dunson for equipment for physical education activities, including tennis, pickle ball, disc golf, and badminton.
- $2,886 to Jody Tartt for materials and supplies to enhance instruction and student performance within the DHS Fine Arts curriculum.
- $5,906 to Kim Browder for a set of 25 Chromebooks for the high school history department.
- $500 to Susan Browder to support a middle school math team.
- $3,000 to Ginger Godwin to purchase books and eBooks for the middle school library.
- $200 to Dana Hill to support the creation of a US Jones math team.
- $495 to Dana Hill for chess sets for the gifted program.
- $254 to Adrienne Etheridge for a set of six balance balls for students to use in the classroom.
- $671 to Tanya Patterson for writing materials to be used daily in the classroom to produce effective 3rd grade writers.
- $2,100 to Emily Windham for new books for the US Jones school library.
- $6,100 to Amelia Mackey for materials to create a robotics and coding class for all students at US Jones Elementary.
- $2,613 to Mary Lilian Roberts for mini iPads and applications to enhance therapy sessions for speech/language students and improve their communication skills.
- $508 to Gabrielle McVay for supplemental math and science materials for Kindergarten.
- $1,179 to Sarah Chelsea Morgan for additional STEM kits to be used to teach science in 1st grade.
- $1,191 to Lori Giles for library books to enhance the Westside reading curriculum.